(Maxi)mize Your Wardrobe






I am officially a Sacramentan! Apparently that is what you call someone who lives in Sacramento. Although, I would like to believe we are called Sacramento-ians or Sacramento-ites because it sounds so silly. Unfortunately, things are halfway unpacked & halfway because we will move into a permanent house in August. I will do my best to keep blogging but I can't guarantee a ton of posts. Sorry! 

I wanted to give you all a few tips on how to MAXIMIZE your wardrobe. I try to do this all of the time but I have to be very intentional right now when I am still living out of boxes & money is very tight! 

1. Be creative- This is my number one. You've got to think out of the box. Use your brain power to think of new ways to switch up the outfits you already love to wear. It takes time to put outfits together when you don't have a million options. For me, I have to set myself up for success by planning a time to plan my outfits out for the week. Can you tell I'm a natural planner? I know some of you are not wired like this but this is just an example that works for me. When I wake up in the morning & have somewhere to be, I am not necessarily super creative. So that is why I plan all of my outfits out when I'm feeling creative & have time to think about it. 
2. Get inspired- This is part of number one because in order to get the creative juices flowing you need to be inspired. Find outfits you like through Pinterest, magazines, friends, or blogs. Mimic them as much as you can without going out and buying things. Sometime all it takes for me is to see an outfit where I own one piece of the outfit (or something very similar in shape or color or feeling) and create the rest of the outfit based on the inspiration.
3. Keep it timeless- When you do decide to spend money on a piece of clothing, make your dollars go farther by purchasing an item that is timeless. I'm not saying to never buy something that is super trendy or edgy. I am just saying that if you are going to buy something expensive, it should be versatile, it should fit you correctly, it should be something absolutely love and it should err on the timeless side. If you want to get something that is trendy, try to find it on sale or similarly looking inexpensive version. 
4. Accessorize- I keep saying this, but accessories are everything! They can create a completely different feeling/dimension to an outfit. Frankly I have a tendency to put accessories on the back burner when shopping, but you shouldn't. 
I hope these tips were helpful for you. Thanks for reading :) Be sure to click the blue button to Join this Site or enter your email into the Follow by Email to get blogpost notifications!

Top: Shine on You via Ross
Maxi Skirt: Forever 21
Bag: Urban Expressions via Stella Laguna Beach 
Shoes: Franco Sarto via TJ Maxx 
Sunglasses: Sole Society 
Rings: Forever 21
Lips: Maybelline Vivids in Shocking Coral 

No comments :

Post a Comment