Top Shop details X Heather Armstrong Photography













Photography: Heather Armstrong Photography  (do yourself a favor and check out her website here and follow her @heatherarmstrongphotography on Instagram)
& a couple shots from Lindsay Long (her website here)
Makeup: Brittney Baer from Gild Beauty Bar (Gild's Facebook here & follow her @makeupbybrittanym on Instagram)

Jacket: Top Shop
Top: Forever 21
Jeans: Top Shop
Necklace: The Giving Keys
Booties: Charlotte Russe
Extensions: Laced Hair I-do clip-ins #1 blackest black

Like I had mentioned in my previous post, my wedding and engagement photographer Heather Armstrong invited me to model at for her photography class, and when Heather asks you that, you do it! A couple things you should know: 1. I am not a model. 2. I sort of cringe inside when I am the center of attention. It brings up all of my insecurities and I'm usually wondering if people see my flaws. 3. I am a firm believer in doing things out side of your comfort zone. "Getting comfortable being uncomfortable" has been what I strive for. Just so you know, aiming for that is worth it! You gain confidence after doing that thing that puts you outside your comfort zone plus that thing that was scary is now no longer scary. I think that is the one thing that I wish I had learned when I was younger because fear has a way of keeping you from the best things in life. I don't want to miss out on any of the pinch-me moments because I didn't say yes to something that intimidated me.

Now let's get to the outfit, because that is why you're really here... am I right?! This army green Top Shop jacket was love at first sight. I work in retail, so I would pass it almost every day. I saw it styled on the mannequins for months and I longed for it. Okay, I'm getting dramatic but I am semi serious. I finally gave in and bought this gem and it does not disappoint! I can definitely see myself wearing it a lot next winter. It is also probably the warmest jacket I own. The other day I wore it at a night beach bonfire with shorts and it kept me perfectly warm from the coastal breeze. While I was buying this jacket, of course I found other things I loved like these high waisted jeans. Now these pants go with my theme: out of my comfort zone. I always felt self consious in them and thought my legs/ hip region wasn't thin enough to wear them. To hell with that! Ha!
Thanks for reading & following along. If you haven't clicked the Join This Site blue button or entered you email address to the Follow Along to keep in the loop, now is the time. xx


No comments :

Post a Comment